What you need to know about dental implants
Would you like your smile back to the way it used to be? Do you remember having white, beautifully shaped teeth?Was it a joy to smile and have people smile back? Now, do you avoid smiling because of missing teeth, or the teeth you are not the most pleasing? What can you do? The answer is dental implants! They are the truly modern, state-
Dental implants are:
- Very stable: because they are actually embedded in bone
- Highly successful: with a success rate of over 95%
- Convenient: because you won’t have to take them out to clean them
- Conservative: because you don’t have to prepare the adjacent teeth
- Healthy: because you will chew your food better, improving digestion
- Beautiful: because they help you retain youthful facial contours
- Confidence-inspiring: because they don’t move around when you speak
Dental implants are created with titanium, a strong metal with the unique ability to fuse with your bone. Your bone anchors the implant in place. After a healing period, the implant becomes a permanent part of your body. Dr. Winkel will then cap the implant with a sparkling, beautiful porcelain crown. Your restored smile will look completely natural.
Dental implants can replace a single missing tooth, or multiple missing teeth. They can also provide a strong support for a removable denture, or a denture which is snapped in place, called an overdenture.
Dental implants are the modern, high-tech way to restore your smile and create a more youthful look to your face. Haven’t you waited long enough with your less-than-perfect smile? A new smile are just a phone call away! Stop in and visit Dr. Kathryn Winkel in Midland, Michigan to learn more about restoring your smile with dental implants. Call our Midland office today!