If you are living with damaged teeth, or you are missing your teeth, you need to get your beautiful smile back! The right denture can make all the difference in your smile, and in your life. Dr. Kathryn Winkel in Midland, MI, offers a full range of dental services, including dentures, to get you smiling again.
Your smile is often the first thing people notice when they meet you, and not having a smile can damage your self-esteem and self-confidence. You deserve a great looking smile, and a denture can help you achieve it.
These are just a few of the important benefits of a denture:
- Enhanced chewing ability, so you can enjoy the foods you love; full chewing function also helps your digestion, which aids your general health.
- Restored facial fullness and renewed facial contours, which can help you look younger
- Creation of a beautiful new smile that will make you confident and proud to smile again
Modern dentures are made to last, giving you many years of beautiful smiles. Denture materials are durable and sturdy, but also beautiful. Dr. Winkel can help you choose the right denture to make you smile.
Types of Dentures
Consider full dentures if you need to replace an entire arch of teeth; they come in several types:
- Conventional dentures, which are made after your tissue has healed completely, at around 6 to 8 weeks. They have the advantage of you only getting used to one denture.
- Immediate dentures, which are placed right after your teeth are removed; a conventional denture will be made for you after 6 to 8 weeks. Immediate dentures have the advantage of you never having to go without teeth.
- Implant-supported dentures, also called overdentures, which are snapped in place over dental implants; overdentures have the advantage of helping to maintain bone, to prevent facial sagging.
You can also choose partial dentures if you need to replace several missing teeth but not an entire arch.A partial denture is made as a conventional partial, which is strong and sturdy and meant for permanent tooth replacement, or transitional partial, which is a temporary tooth replacement solution while you are waiting for dental implants.
You deserve a great new smile, and the right denture can help you achieve it. To find out more about dentures and other restorative, cosmetic, and preventive dental services, call Dr. Kathryn Winkel in Midland, MI, today!