Needing tooth replacement? Are you unsure of your choices? In Midland, MI, many patients benefit from innovative dental implants by Dr. Kathryn Winkel. Stable and realistic, these artificial teeth act, look and feel totally natural. Patients literally cannot distinguish them from their real teeth.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a complete artificial tooth. It is composed of three parts:
- A titanium screw surgically placed into the jaw bone where the natural tooth once resided
- A metal alloy post, or abutment
- A custom-fabricated porcelain crown
After Dr. Winkel inserts the implant into the empty socket, the device bonds with the jaw bone. This action is called osseointegration. It takes some weeks to months, but once finished, it forms a stable foundation for the implant restoration.
Also, the more the implant is used, the stronger the bond becomes. This feature is unique to dental implants. Conventional tooth replacements, such as partial dentures, do nothing to strengthen the underlying hard or soft tissues.
Amazing implant benefits
A simple exam and three-dimensional scan at Dr. Winkel's Midland office details your suitability for dental implant placement. Most healthy teens and adults can receive implants if they have enough bone in their jaws. Bone grafting procedures augment the jaw in the event that bone is weak or thin.
After you complete your implant procedure, you will enjoy these unique benefits:
- One and it's done. In other words, once you receive a dental implant, it will serve you for the rest of your life. The success rate is up to 95 percent, reports Healthline.
- Easy brushing and flossing. Take care of your implants just as you do your natural teeth.
- Fuller facial features due to strong bone structure and healthy gum tissue.
- Clear speech with no denture clicking or slippage.
- Expert placement and aftercare for your dental implants by your dentist in Midland, MI.
- One-time expense. While your crown or implant-supported denture appliance will require replacement after ten years or so, your implant(s) will stay put indefinitely.
- A diet with no limitations. Hard foods. Soft foods. Eat whatever healthy choices you enjoy.
- A wonderful smile. No one but you and your dentist will know you have dental implants.
Transform your smile
It can happen with dental implants from Dr. Kathryn Winkel in Midland, MI. Learn more about their unique benefits by calling (989) 631-6680 to arrange your personalized consultation.